The future of work: WFH? Hybrid? Office? Are you wondering about this? We all are! The world of work will never be the same post-COVID! But don’t be too quick to make strategic career decisions. The situation continues to evolve in different directions. There are so many things going on. Here are some evidence based considerations to keep in mind as you move forward:
- A majority of employees want to return to the office.
- But the COVID surge continues.
- And it is a clear divide on strategies and policies.
- Some corporations and governments are requiring employees to get vaccinated. But some are not!
- Employers are considering different cost saving options to manage the crisis including adjusting salaries.
- Some companies may even cut your pay if you work from home.
- Salaries are calculated using cost of living and cost of talent (among other factors) to calculate pay.
- Your geographical location is, therefore, determinant. Even if you work remotely!
- But workers are pushing back to keep their salaries. Regardless of where they work!
- If you prefer WFH and are willing to relocate some cities have become hotspots.
- But don’t pack yet. Consider the feasibility of WFH based on your area of expertise.
- Can you deduct WFH expenses? It’s complicated! But check out the IRS!
- The future of work looks Hybrid. Many employees want to go back to the office: but not all the time!
- What about Organizational Culture in this evolving environment? Great question! Stay tuned!
So will it be WFH? Hybrid? Office? The future of work is yet to be determined. At this point it looks like “All Of The Above”.
Click for more information About Me, my solutions for Career Coaching[English] or Do-It-Yourself[English] as well as the recently available Career Coaching[Español] or Hágalo-Usted[Español]. You can also connect with Me on LinkedIn!